Sunday, March 26, 2017

State Senator Connie Leyva: Undocumented Politician

After Attorney General Xavier Becerra fled from the town hall which he and other legislators had sponsored for the last three weeks, I approached the other elected officials who had attended.

State Senator Connie Leyva came down from the Chaffey High School auditorium to speak with members of the audience.

I did not hesitate to confront her on immigration issues:



But Leyva refused to give me direct answers on anything.

Lawmakers love to hide behind the process.

"I can't comment on that bill. It's still in the amendment process."

"I am waiting for constituents to inform me of their views before I make a decision."

"Let me get back to you about that issue ..."


When I asked her to consider a bill "Ruben's Law"-- to issue the death penalty immediately for any illegal  alien who kills an minor.

This was her answer:

"This is not the best time to talk about this. Come to office and we can talk about it better then."

Oh brother.

What can I say? She was definitely an "undocumented politician", refusing to give me a clear yes or no on my concerns.

The worst example of thiis came when I wanted a clear "No" vote on SB 54--the sanctuary state bill:


Her non-answer on this pressing issue was clearly distressing.

The California Police Officer Association opposes this bill.

The Califrna Sheriff's Association opposes this bill.

Both groups will not tolerate amendments of any kind. They want this bill pulled, failed, gone for good.

Senator Leyva is clearly aware that law enforcement does not want this legislation.

Then what is stopping her from opposing SB 54, too?!

This kind of non-chalance, non-compliance, non-response behavior from our elected officials is completely without meri.

Elected officials have a duty to honor, uphold, and defend the United States Constitution.

Leyva gave plenty of non-answers that day


They take an oath to defend our rights, to protect us from enemies both foreign and domestic.

Yet Leyva couldn't give me an answer--Yes or No--about SB 54?

Outrageous!

Contact Senator Leyva's office, and demand that she enforce our immigration laws.

Tell her to vote NO! on SB 54:

Capitol Office
State Capitol, Room 4061,
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone: (916) 651-4020
Fax: (916) 651-4920

Chino Office
11760 Central Ave., Suite 100,
Chino, CA 91710
Phone: (909) 591-7016
Fax: (909) 591-7096

San Bernardino Office
464 W. 4th Street, Suite 454B
San Bernardino, CA 92401

Phone: (909) 888-5360









No comments:

Post a Comment