Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Fourth of July Celebration in Santa Ana: Huge Success for Me (or, John Adams)

July 4th, Independence Day.

I was invited to play John Adams at the annual history walk at the Santa Ana celebration.





The event takes place at Centennial Regional Park every year for the last seven years.

Lupe Moreno, a hard-core patriot who loves our country--and a big fan of John Adams, invited me to come.

I was not sure if I wanted to dress up and play one of the Founders of our country. Would there be enough time and resources for me to get ready?

Thankfully, I agreed to attend, and the rest of the team were glad, too. Other historical figures in the History Walk included Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Jefferson, Betsy Ross, and Lady Liberty.


All of us are proud of our country!



I ended up having more visitors than expected.



This cohort of desperate Brown Supremacists tried to drive me and other Americans away from our celebration.

But we were strong and refused to move.

Brown Supremacists (Lakota second from the left
was another petty protester)

Check out their intermittent acts of desperation against our event:


and also


Can you imagine these grown children acting like this?

In  public forum at an Independence Day Celebration?

Unbelievable, yet true.

The unelievable hurt which they perpetrated again

Here are the offenders:











These are the desperate anti-American, anti-youth, anito-family bigots who attempted to intimidate and shut down an Independence Day Celebration.

But they failed!

Lupe Moreno is a strong woman, and she knew that I could handle anything--as did they other historical figures who attended the July 4th event.




I have never felt so proud to be an American, and so many young people learned about John Adams!

One young lady came to my booth and told me that John Adams was her favorite President!

I met a few high school students, too, and some of them knew the basic information I wanted to share about

Check out my good friend who took care of Abigail Adams' booth!



In spite of the screaming and yelling from the La Raza racists, I had a great time!

So many young people came in spite of the hate around them.

The worse thing that happened turned out to be a welcome victory for all of us. One young boy believed some of the lies presented on the posters and flyers that they were passing out. He said to a group of kids: "Don't let him sign anything of yours! He's a racist!"

The kids ignored him, and the adults kept guiding their students to my booth to learn more about John Adams.

During the intended conflict, I mediated tn two verse of Scripture:



"No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD." (Isaiah 54:17)

and

"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want."

The rest of my friends prayed with me, and everything went better than expected.

Despite the desperate shrills of "Racist go home! Get out of here! It's getting dark, so you better get to your car!" I did not care.

Parents and volunteers helped out, as well. Some of them helped find more young people to attend and learn about John Adams!

They could not stop us from celebrating our country and the Second President of the United States.

We also had Santa Ana police on hand to protect us from their hostile advances:








Again, I was so proud to celebrate in a real way at the Fourth of July Celebration in Santa Ana!

It worked out really well, and young people of all backgrounds and ages learned about one of the Founders of this country!

No comments:

Post a Comment