Saturday, July 22, 2017

The Gospel Brings Health, Wealth, and Prosperity to the World

Pastor Joseph Prince of Singapore (my pastor by proxy, if I may add), has noticed that with the preaching of the Gospel has followed immense health, wealth, and prosperity. Historians secular and sacred have noticed the strong correlation, too. With the preaching of the Good News, from the Roman Empire to the Reformation to the Charismatic rivals of the 1970's to the Present Day, our world has become richer and finer with the Word.

Indeed.

The message of the Gospel comforts all who are lost that in Christ they are found again. Despite the alienation of sin, set in motion by our forefather Adam, the Second Adam, we can be granted life and truth through His Son Jesus.

The Gospel takes us from death to life; from poverty to prosperity; from depression to celebration.

It is indeed Good News, especially to a sighing, crying, dying world.

Here is the Gospel made simple out of the mouth of the Apostle Paul:

38Be it known unto you therefore, men andbrethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins: 39And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.


Here are the guarantees that come with the Gospel, for those who believe on Jesus as Savior: here, now and forevermore!

"In the way of righteousness is life; and in the pathway thereof there is no death." (Proverbs 12:28)

And



"I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread." (Psalm 37:25)

Let us never forget the promises outlined to us in the New Covenant which God the Father has cut for us through His Son Jesus Christ!

"10For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

12For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more." (Hebrews 8:10-12)

Jesus did not die on the Cross only for us to avoid death and hell.

He wants us to reign in life: His Life!

"For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)" (Romans 5:17)

What about John's most important words to his friend Gaius?

"Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth." (3 John 2)

How do we prosper our souls?

3For I rejoiced greatly, when the brethren came and testified of the truth that is in thee, even as thou walkest in the truth. 4I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth." (3 John 3-4)

The Gospel, the Good News of Jesus Christ, brings health, wealth, and prosperity to the world, to all who believe on the name of Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment