1. I am so discouraged. I cannot believe how far gone our government has been taken away from the basics outlined in the Declaration of Independence: Protection of life, liberty, and the pursuit (not guarantee or entitlement) of happiness.
2. Term limits suck. Now I can speak it plainly. They have created a permanent creature class of lobbyists, staffers, and consultants who know more than every elected official who swings through the revolving doors of Sac-Town. Legislators are now little babes who get pushed around and told what to do. They never master the rules and thus govern less and less in accord with their oaths of office.
3. The Deep State of Sacramento runs everything in California now--and it needs exposure and extermination more than anything else. The Bow-Tied One Munger Jr., Big Labor, Big Business, Big Green, Big Homo/Tranny, Big Baby-Kill, etc.
4. The state is too big--or the locus of control for We the People is too far removed from our elected officials. They political creature class gets away with so much because of how far away they are. Yes, Aaron F Park I support the state of Jefferson. I would love for the South Bay to declare itself a free and independent state if possible. Who's with me?
5. "Whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. "
Is it too late for us to rustle up our horses and lassos, rush the state legislature, and tie everyone up? They did that in the last 1880s I believe. I say it's time for another Bear Flag Revolt!
More reflections to follow. Promise!