Friday, December 4, 2015

Young Hispanic Conservative Shames Huntington Park City Council

November 17th was an eventful night for We the People Rising. Our protests were reaching more people throughout the county. Our pro-legal immigration group was preparing for our enforcement tour against the four council members who continue to break the law, with impunity

A young Hispanic conservative, Isaac Rodriguez of Pico Rivera, CA, attended the November 17, 2015 Huntington Park, CA City council meeting at my invitation. He has been reading my Townhall.com articles about us California conservatives and our fight for the rule of law in that lawless city.

Since he lived close to Huntington Park, he found the time despite his busy school schedule to attend.

Before public comment, Isaac and I posed for a picture in the city council chambers, capturing the city's scripture "Where there is no vision, the people perish." On his left shoulder, he sowed the "Don't tread on me" patch. He wanted to make sure that sign was evident and prominent.


At first, he was not prepared to sharing anything with the council, but we encouraged him to speak. 

During public comment, he shared the following with the Huntington Park, CA City Council:

"It seems that you folks have genuine care for your city. I'm an optimistic guy. I would like to think that. But your disregard for law . . it's hard to see, it;s hard to understand. It;s hard to fathom.

"My grandmother came to this country, legally, in 1959. She left. People like to think that Mexico is a kind of a corrupt place. And she would, I assume,  in part left because of things like that. SHE CAME TO Ameican and rightfull so, I would assume that Ameican was a place where that sort of thing didn't happen. 

"She's 92 years old, now, and for the most part I would think that she's gone through some times where that held true. America is the land of the free, home of the brave. But if she could see what is going on right now, I think she would have kind of a reminder of. not a very pleasant one, of what she left back in Mexico.

"I'm a Mexican-American. For some people, you can say that "They're racist" for wanting legal people here. I as a Mexican-American, you can't really say that. I have brown skin. But is that too much to ask from a white person, a black person, a Mexican person, Is it too much to ask for a little bit of a preference for Americans in these benefits and appointments. Is it too much to ask? I',m not really sure. I would like to think it's not too much to ask.

"But, my grandmother, she came to this country legally. I'm an American citizen. I believe in America. And I want an America that follows the rule of law. I'm from a small city, just like Huntington Park, and I would hate to see this going on in my city.

"I just hope for a better tomorrow. Some how, some way, here in Huntington Park. Thank you,"

No comments:

Post a Comment