Thursday, January 5, 2012

Whom Would I settle For?

If it comes down to Romney or Santorum, I am somewhat torn.

Putting aside any notion whether either one would or would not be competitive in a general election, I am still not sure which candidate I would be more comfortable with.

I do not trust Romney, a man with a great resume, yet not much to show for it in the public sector. He pushed so moderate an agenda in Massachusetts, even plugging away for a state-sponsored medical insurance mandate, the federal version of which must be repealed.

Former U.S. Senator Rick Santorum has a strong record on social issues -- perhaps too strong, yet he has also supported big government forays. We need less government, less intervention, more freedom.

I am still sticking with Ron Paul, regardless of how soft people may perceive his foreign policy. The last thing that this country needs is another compassionate and calculated conservative dedicated to constituents and not the constitution.

No comments:

Post a Comment