Friday, January 13, 2012

Response to "Giving Iowa a Try"

Mr. Repohl's wit is telling and triumphant.

I loved his send-up of the GOP front-runners in Iowa and New Hampshire. Incorporated folksy ditties while denouncing the insider status of long-time P-O-Ls like Newt Gingrich and Mitt Romney, Repohl's article was a refreshing turn in the incessant campaign commentary that has been deluging this country since May of last year.

I also write specifically in appreciation of Mr. Repohl's final riposte, a gentle allusion to a powerful and influential man named Harold Hill.

The electrical engineer turned Pentecostal Evangelist is one of the best gifts that God gave the world out of the Granite State. When I read his book "How to Live Like a King's Kid," I was so excited. A man who believed in Jesus Christ, and he had fun doing it! This was so much better than church. I did not have to settle for dry-as-dust Christianity. Jesus Christ is alive and well, and He lives and breathes and has his being in every human being who calls upon his name for salvation, healing, and power!

Harold Hill's testimony encouraged through hard times in my life and encouraged me to tackle the giants who used to intimidate me. Here was a man who was not afraid to trust God for everything, and He always came through for him. By faith, I have enjoyed the same wonderful privilege of living like a King's Kid. I do not have to settle for hard, tough, down on my luck empty times. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, and He has never let me down yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment