Saturday, January 28, 2012

Men Are Simple (But Not Stupid!) -- Response to "Men Are Simple"

Men do not think too much, I guess. Most women I think would appreciate that.

Much of what takes place in this life does not require reflection so much as decision and action. Most women I think are looking for that in a man.

Diligence helps, and men have that. Women care for the detials, but there would be no project in the first place without the man's direction.

I cannot say that I completely agree with the limited trinity of focus mentioned by Jennifer Evans -- work, food, sex -- but I would say that a man's drive can drive him to anything if properly motivated.

I also agree that women tend to read way too much into everything. I loved Evans' witty remark that "Women are offended,complimented, annoyed and joyous often by the same statement." You would think that most women would realize that they are the author and finisher of their own moods.

I am not of the opinion that these movements of the male and female brain or genetic, as most would suggest. Cultural, definitely. Who really wants a man who analyzes everything do death? Who wants a women who is so blunt and oblivious that she skips over the extras?

Last of all, I want to share that I am glad for once that a woman did not lambaste a man for being simple -- that, in a way, the simplicity of man is in itself a manifestation of his intelligence!

Thanks for your thoughts, Ms. Evans!

No comments:

Post a Comment