It's really sad that a newspaper editor in West Virginia felt compelled to write a lengthy justification for their targeted shame and defame" campaign against Cindy Frich of Morgantown, West Virginia.
Notice the letter that she wrote to me in response to my letters to both of these propagandists disguised as journalists, who were hell-bent on shaming a local conservative activist who cares about children and fights for faith, family, and freedom:
Sent: Friday, January 29, 2021 7:42 AM
To: Arthur Schaper; David Beard
Subject: RE: Regarding Harrassment and Defamation Against Cindy Frich
We initially chose to remain silent as your calls and emails have been rude and threatening. This one is a little calmer so I will address your points, but then our conversation will end.
1. We are not harassing, shaming or defaming Cindy Frich.
2. We did report the facts (though you blogged about some of them first, so I’m not sure why you care).
3. Anyone can share views on Facebook, but Facebook is a public forum and Cindy, despite her arguments to the contrary, is a public person. She has represented Monongalia County in state government and continues to seek a seat in the Legislature, as recently as the most recent election. Just because she lost does not mean she is no longer a public figure.
4. We are not demonizing anyone and no one said Cindy was a demon or even a bad person. We gave her every opportunity to explain her post and why she thought it important to share publically and then we published verbatim her response.
5. We have never been told of threats against Cindy locally, nationally and internationally, until now. She never contacted us to ask about doing a story and we never saw a police report on it. We have a reporter who goes to law enforcement agencies and talks to officers, deputies and troopers regularly. Never a mention. If Cindy says she contacted us or filed a police report, I’d like to know who she spoke with.
6. We don’t troll Facebook posts, though social media has made using those sites part of our jobs. We have readers who share things they see with us on a daily basis.
7. Again, we did not harass anyone and Cindy is not a private citizen.
The Dominion Post
1251 Earl L. Core Road
Morgantown, WV 26505
Dear David and Pam:
This is the second email that I am writing to you regarding your ongoing harrassment and attempts to shame and defame Cindy Frich.
Your silence is not acceptable. You are expected to report facts, not push propaganda nor target innocent citizens who share views on their social media platforms.
Have you finally relented in your perverse pursuit to attempt to demonize a godly woman who simply cares about the well-being of children and families?
Again, I am going to ask: why did you not write about the numerous threats that Cindy Frich has endured, both locally as well as nationally and internationally?
Why would any newspaper spend time going over social media posts of a local resident? Is the Dominion Post in such decline that they feel compelled to harass a private citizen?
Arthur Schaper, Organization Director
Workcell: (781) 474-3005
Main Office: (781) 890-6001