Sunday, October 29, 2017

Letter to the Editor: Both Parties Are Imploding (Really?)

I received this letter form Sam Samos, who responded to my latest Townhall.com article Hillary, Your Party—Not the GOP—Is Imploding. Here’s Why!:

That was a delusional column I just read. Actually, half of the column is correct. The Democratic party is imploding. But so is the GOP. Since President Trump has become the party's standard bearer, that is inevitable. Donald Trump is unhinged, he is incoherent, he has the vocabulary of a ten-year-old boy, his conservative credentials are highly suspect, and he lies like a rug. He is ten times more narcissistic than Barack Obama was. So both parties suck pond water. I fear for my country.


Scott Amos

I would have to call the assessment of this letter half-delusional .. at least for now.



I sent Scott two response emails, because I want to try and understand his thought process behind his assessment of the GOP.

Letter #1:

Thanks for the letter.

I will be posting it.

Tell me--why do you claim that Trump is 10 times more narcissistic than Obama?

FYI, definition of narcissism:

nar·cis·sism
ˈnärsəˌsizəm/
noun
  1. excessive or erotic interest in oneself and one's physical appearance.
    synonyms:vanityself-loveself-admirationself-absorption, self-obsession, conceit, self-centeredness, self-regardegotismegoism
    "his emotional development was hindered by his mother's narcissism"
    • PSYCHOLOGY
      extreme selfishness, with a grandiose view of one's own talents and a craving for admiration, as characterizing a personality type.
    • PSYCHOANALYSIS
      self-centeredness arising from failure to distinguish the self from external objects, either in very young babies or as a feature of mental disorder.



Letter #2:

Scott:

I am truly stunned by your appraisal.

The Republican Party has trifectas (governor and control of both houses of the state legislature) in 25 states.

There are 4 GOP Governors in New England--and two more will probably be added in New England.



Minnesota will probably become a GOP Trifecta, too.

Yet even putting aside projections, Democrats have been reduced to their lowest representation across the country in state and local offices since the 1920s.

Please explain how these incredible gains indicate that the GOP is imploding. 

I really want to understand your thoughts on this.

Let's see if Scott responds, although I doubt that he will.

No comments:

Post a Comment