Thursday, November 30, 2017

LA Times Reporter (Finally) Writes About My Lawsuit Against Huntington Park--But Why Should We Trust Her?

In May and June 2017, LA Times reporter Hailey Branson was following me for a cover story.

Hailey Branson-Potts

She focused on strange aspects of the

I reached out to her again regarding my case against the city of Huntington Park.

I shared with her the following:

The State of the Union: UPDATE: Sanctuary City Has Me Arrested, Refuses to File With DA, Sends Multiple Notices to Appear http://bit.ly/HP_Lawless
bit.ly
The city of Huntington Park disregards the rule of law. They do not honor our immigration laws, and the city council routinely hands out tax...
http://aschaper1.blogspot.com/2017/11/breaking-trump-supporter-files-lawsuit.html

You tried to smear me in early June, and then tried to paint Trump supporters as violent thugs.

On this part, I was able to upend the story, since she was trying to push a narrative which was simply not true.

The gentleman whose car was surrounded had drawn out his firearm in self-defense.

When I was arrested without a cause, I filed a government claim.

Now I am suing the city in small claims court -- the Huntington Police Department have also REFUSED to file anything with DA -- but still send my notices to appear in Downey Court!

This is abuse on a whole new scale!

She then shared with me that she would follow up on this matter.

Then I thought better about the whole situation.

She had written a hit piece against me in the Los Angeles Times, reporting on the corrupt LA County GOP Central Committee's decision to revoke the charter for the Beach Cities Republicans. Why didn't she investigate the fact that they had refused to release a statement five months prior?

She claims that I am unemployed. I am a freelance journalist, writer, and activist. She focused on a steak sauce bottle when I was recording our conversation.

Now she's investigating what is happening in Huntington Park and what the Huntington Park police department has been doing to me.

Again, what took so long?

After thinking about what's happening with this story,  I had to ask--why would I want to give her a second chance? She tried to smear me, and it did not work. Nevertheless, we as citizens cannot continue to reward bad press agents who push a narrative rather than report the news.

I sent her the following email:

Miss Branson, I've decided that I will be speaking with you further. The hit piece that you wrote about me June 3rd was really uncalled for, and I just really don't see a reason to reward bad reporting. I've decided that I will not be speaking with you.

I noticed that you haven't written the fact that Tom Green was exonerated and the district attorney did not prosecute him for a gun crime following the incident in Cudahy. I have to say I'm really disappointed. I have no further interest to be working with you.

She has reached out to the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office:

Arthur,

I have reached out to authorities and the district attorney's office about your case and lawsuit and am writing a story about it. 

I know you said you don't want to speak further, but I wanted to check again: Would you like to comment? 

Honestly, no I don't.

Hailey Branson-Potts with anti-Semite Helen Thomas


She referred to the anti-conservative Southern Poverty Law Center to smear MassResistance, a pro-family group that is dedicated to exposing the lies of the hateful LGBT movement.

Today, I am asking all of YOU to comment:

Please contact Hailey Branson and her editors--tell her to report the truth for once and to stop smearing Trump supporters in Los Angeles County:

Cell: (580) 370-1084
Work: (213) 237-5117
hailey.branson@latimes.com
https://bransonpotts.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment