Saturday, March 28, 2020

It's the End of the World as We Know It -- and I Feel Fine



"It's the end of the world as we know it ... and I feel fine." -- R.E.M

I have read a number of messages and received a number of calls about how bad things are getting.

Yes, indeed, the dictatorial streak a number of corrupted leaders is starting to show.

Yes, I am well-aware that badly run states with liberal majorities are up to no good.

Yes, indeed, the more progressive the state or the national government, the worse their response to the Coronavirus problem.



Fine, then -- to quote R.E.M., it is indeed the end of the world as we know it.

But you know what else? I feel fine.

I really do.

Not because I am ignoring the signs and wonders of the fallen world.

But because I know the God who made the mountains:

"Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God." (Psalm 90:2)

The mountains speak of kingdoms, not just the natural ranges themselves.

Consider also how great God's commitments are to us:

"For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the LORD that hath mercy on thee." (Isaiah 54:10)

Perhaps it is the end of the world ... as we know it. Bad people are not getting away with the bad things that they have done. Bad ideas are getting exposed for how bad they are.


And more people are learning to enter into His rest:

"Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief." (Hebrews 4:11)


No comments:

Post a Comment