Monday, September 19, 2022

Federal Way Police Chief Responds to Breanna Straus Complaint, Defends Rogue Police Officer


Last week, I wrote a letter to the Federal Way City Council regarding the abusive, disgraceful police officer Breanna Straus, who arrogantly declared that every driver on the road needs to get out of her way or else, and that police officers will look for any excuse to pull someone over, especially if they get in her way.

Here's the post that I wrote about the rogue police officer.

Breana "Karen" Straus


Here's the letter that I wrote to the city council:

Dear Federal Way City Council:

 

I am sure that you have received numerous complaints about police officer Breanna Straus of the Federal Way, WA Police Department:

 

 

Her placement on suspension is not good enough.

 

This terrible cop, Breanna Straus, must be FIRED!

 

When will she be terminated, removed from the police force?

The city council forwarded my letter to the Federal Way Police Chief, and here's the response that I received:

Mr. Schaper:

 

Your email was forwarded to me.

 

The social media video posted by our officer does not represent the core values and practices of our police department.  The Federal Way Police has a reputation of being respectful, courteous, and professional and are focused on serving the community at the highest level.  It was clearly a policy violation and I apologize on behalf of the entire agency.  In this incident I decided to suspend the officer instead of termination, giving a young new officer a second chance.  I am confident something similar will not occur involving this officer. 

 

The Federal Way Police Department stresses professionalism in every aspect of our mission and progressive discipline will occur should this officer commit a similar act that would tarnish the reputation of the agency.  This matter occurred in June and discipline has already been administered – the employment law prevents it from being reversed.  I take full responsibility for my decision.  Again, I apologize on behalf of the entire Police Department and I will do the best job possible to serve others moving forward.  

Sincerely,

Andy J. Hwang

Chief of Police

Federal Way Police Department

(253) 835-6716

Sent from my iPhone


This response is patently unacceptable, and I shared as much with the Chief of Police.


Contact the Federal Way City Council and the police chief, and demand that they remove Breanna Straus from the police force!


Email: council@cityoffederalway.com

Phone Number: (253) 835-2401

No comments:

Post a Comment