Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Gov. Ron DeSantis: Holding Lawless, Woke Prosecutors Accountable

 

Friend, 

You’ve seen across the country a wave of woke prosecutors funded by out of state interests refusing to uphold the rule of law who are allowing criminals to walk free without ever facing consequences for their crimes. As Governor, I have made it clear: In this state, we uphold the rule of law. We respect the law enforcement officers who put their lives on the line every day to keep our communities safe.We DO NOT allow woke activist prosecutors to abdicate their duty to do their job and protect their communities. This is why I took action to right the wrongs of a prosecutor whose conduct has fallen below the standard that is required by the Florida Constitution by refusing to enforce laws he doesn’t like. A prosecutor is not a law unto himself. 

[UPHOLD THE RULE OF LAW]

We are not going to allow this pathogen of ignoring the law that's been going on around the country to get a foothold in the state of Florida. We are going to make sure that our laws are enforced and that no individual prosecutor puts themselves above the law.It’s simple. If you put yourself above the law, you are violating and neglecting your duty and you are displaying a lack of competence to be able to perform those duties. If you abandon the duties of your oath of office, you no longer have the right to hold that office.The crime in places like San Francisco and Los Angeles is out of control. Police are unable to do their jobs, businesses are closing up shop, and violent criminals are walking free all because of the dereliction of duty by prosecutors who are funded by ideological activists. In Florida, we’re not going to sit idly by and watch our state spiral into chaos. We’re going to respect our law enforcement officers, we’re going to protect our citizens, and we’re going to enforce the law.As your Governor, I will not stand for woke prosecutors, who are entrusted with enforcing the law, showing more deference and care for criminals than the victims of their crimes in the name of “social justice.” Denying a victim their day in court is not justice. Allowing a criminal to walk free of consequences for their crimes is not justice. It is, in fact, the opposite of justice. 

[REJECT WOKE PROSECUTORS]

Florida is a law-and-order state. I am not going to back down from that one inch. The radical Left is already attacking me for doing my job to ensure that the laws are enforced in our state. They are going to use my suspension of a state attorney refusing to do his job to appeal to the members of the woke mob and add to their war chest.Like I’ve said before, friend, I will never allow political favor to sway my resolve to do what’s right. I need to know that I can count on your support as I prepare to go head-on against the Democrats’ crusade against law and order. Are you with me? 

PLEDGE YOUR SUPPORT FOR OUR FIGHT TO KEEP FLORIDA SAFE!I’M IN: PLEDGE $50I’M IN: PLEDGE $25I’M IN: PLEDGE ANOTHER AMOUNT

Sincerely, 

Ron DeSantis

No comments:

Post a Comment