Saturday, December 30, 2017

Why I Don't Like Mark Gungor (And Other Male-Bashing Comics)

Mark Gungor is a "pastor", I think?

Or is he a marriage counselor, or is he a comedian?

I can't say that I find him very funny.

His schtick to make fun of men is not very affirming.

It really bothers me.



Here's one snippet of the video.

I have found that a lot of these male-female counselors spend a great deal of time making fun of ... men.

Do they really think that mocking men is going to help men to be ... men?

Most of the audience in these "sessions" are women, I believe. The men get dragged along.

This male-bashing phenomenon needs to be taken seriously. It's why marriage as an institution is in growing, flowing decline.

Paul Joseph Watson put together an information video on this topic:



Women have been taught through third-wave radical feminism to hate men, to see men as arrogant, dangerous competitors. There are some radical feminists who teach, because they have been taught, to see men as all automatically potential predators.

Would someone please tell me why this kind of hateful, heartless drivel is permitted to be taught on college campuses?

I have seen the damage done by arrogant abusive women, and men who feel that they have neither right nor authority to put a stop to it.

All of that has to change!

Let me round this out with going back to Mark Gungor.

This comic is not funny. He is annoying, more interested in trying to be funny than imparting wisdom and Biblical truth. In general, I just get tired of the male-bashing. When does this nonsense end?

Let me end this post with a small story.

I was outside of an event that I was preparing to attend with a large team of friends. One lady had joined us with her husband. She then began degrading and denouncing him in front of me and her other friend, while her husband was seated only five feet away from us!

"He's a coward. He's a coward", this woman would remark without a pause. I finally got so fed up with it, I snapped at her: "That's enough!" Then I added: "Do you really think that he is going to get any better or develop any further courage by shaming him?"

She sat their dumbfounded, and she realize the point I was making: "You're right. I'm sorry."

I added one more thing to exhort her so that the discussion did not end on a low note: "You have to realize that your husband needs your respect. Your are like his Number One cheerleader, and he wants you to do that. It is so important for you to support him!"

That was an inspiring moment for me and that couple. All of us attained a greater level of peace that day. That's the kind of talking, the kind of preaching and teaching about the truth of God's gift of gender, sexuality, marriage, and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment