Sunday, September 17, 2017

Price Comparison: Washington DC vs. Maryland UPDATE: Delaware, too

I get so much grief from people because I eat at certain fast food restaurants, like McDonald's.

Give me a break! The last thing that we need in this world is a bunch of fast-food snobs.

Besides, eating out allows me to show everyone else how costs of living change from state to state.

I bought the same meal from McDonald's in Washington DC:




$9.67

And in Maryland:


$7.41

In California, the meal costs about $8.50.

Keep in mind that Maryland now has a Republican governor.

Certainly, the cost of living has gone down!

Now check out Delaware:




The cheapest of the three purchases.

Why?

NO SALES TAX!

2 comments:

  1. You Arthur have something in common with President Donald Trump. President Trump also enjoys an occasional fast food meal at McDonald's too as well as a bucket of KFC. Consistency with food, however apparently not in price which as you clearly note in your article runs the gammet from $7.00 - $10.00 for the quarter pounder meal deal. Outrageous the difference in price from one geographic area to the next (taxes, cost of living, labor, overhead, etc.). At any event, interesting article. Power of suggestion, I think I'm heading to McDonald's today. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Minimum wage for those areas:
    DE- $8.25
    MD- $9.25
    DC- $11.50

    ReplyDelete