Sunday, January 13, 2019

Jessica Patterson, The Latest Establishment Iteration Trying to Take Over the CAGOP

Jessica Patterson has been selected to be the next CAGOP Chairman candidate for the Establishment.

This is short notice to many, but some of the more connected central committee members and activists knew that she would be coming on the scene.

David Hadley, too liberal and too establishment for just about anybody, stepped down this past weekened. This is a stunning turn of events, considering that he was unanimously selected to be the next Vice Chairman, which was supposed to give him a better shot at becoming the next Chairman.

Didn't happen.

Now Kevin McCarthy, the House Minority leader, is stepping in with this pick. To be candid, I am not sure what McCarthy fears if Travis Allen or better yet Steve Frank become the next CAGOP Chairman.

Republicans in California are tired of losing seats. Republicans, conservatives, common-sense residents would like to see a strong organization dedicated to winning elections, not just making the better argument.

So, what does Jessica Patterson have to share with us?




Dear California Republican Party Leader,

It’s time to take the fight to the Democrats, execute aggressive programs and help our Republican President and candidates win elections. That is my commitment, and while you have likely already seen the press release launching my campaign, I wanted to write to you personally and ask for your support to become Chairman of the California Republican Party.

She is writing to a CAGOP leader. Did she merely cut and paste her initial email and then send it out to all the delegates or something?

The Democrats are systematically destroying the state we love, turning California into the capital of poverty, drowning hard-working families in taxes and creating an arrogant and unaccountable government bureaucracy. They are responsible for changing California’s election laws to make it easier for their candidates to win and for the reprehensible treatment of President Trump’s eminently qualified Supreme Court nominee, Brett Kavanaugh. Democrat arrogance demonstrates that they think they own California, that Republicans are irrelevant and that they have license to continue their assault on our individual freedoms and conservative Republican values.

Right now, Republicans have become irrelevent, and that irrelevance has gone from bad to worse since the ballot harvesting and voter fraud consistently perpetrated against voters.

Judicial Watch filed the lawsuit which ultimately forced the settlement of purging 1.5 million inactive voters from LA County voter rolls. Where was the California Republican Party? Why didn't they take a more active step to stop the automatic motor-voter law, too? 

I called Chairman Jim Brulte myself, and he told me that the party lawyers said that they would not be able to stop it. It's almost as if the top party brass just give up before even starting a fight!

That stops today.  

I will never apologize for being a proud conservative Republican or give up on our Party. As your Chairman, I’m committed to working with you to rebuild a GOP team that takes the fight to the Democrats, raises money, registers voters, turns them out to vote and wins elections. It starts with Republican values, is fueled by our collective commitment and is executed by a comprehensive plan that includes the most innovative tools and technology combined with the unrivaled power of our county parties across the state.

She was not really a proud conservative. She actively campaigned against Donald Trump, according to one source I have read. She also

Our California Republican Party is going to be a powerful force unlike anything California has ever seen.

Yes, without people at the helm trying to make decisions of the delegates and the conservatives throughout the state who want real leadership.

I enter this race bolstered by decades of experience organizing and implementing successful grassroots campaigns across California, and I am humbled by overwhelming support from 19 Republican state legislators, including Senate Republican Leader Pat Bates and Assembly Republican Leader Marie Waldron as well as key GOP grassroots leaders. My friends have described me as a tenacious no-nonsense conservative political professional. That’s true. I will bring a sense of urgency to the Chairman position, because we cannot be complacent. We’re behind and need to work 24/7 to put ourselves back in position to win.

We don't need the legislators telling us whom they want to represent the party. We the people of the Republican Party get to make that decision. Simple as that. We want to make that decision, and we get to decide who governs our party. The fact that a whole bunch of lawmakers have lined up behind one candidate is anothe reason NOT to support Patterson.

The outgoing Chairman Jim Brulte declared that the legislators would be the face, mind, and heart of the California Republican Party. That has not worked out well for us over the last six years. Utlimately, the only reason that the CAGOP gained seats in 2014 was due to an epic low turnout, the six-year itch of Democrats who were so disgusted with how corporate Barack Obama had become.

For those of you who may not know me, I look forward to meeting you, but in the meantime I want to share a little bit of my background. I’m the mother of two beautiful little girls and am married to an incredible husband, Wes Patterson, who is a nonprofit fundraiser. We often brag that we have one of the premiere polling places in the country, as we live in the shadow of the Ronald Reagan Library in Simi Valley.

Nice. Another Reagan acolyte. "I saw Ronald Reagan at the local restaurant and he smiled at me--that means I am the next conservative standard-bearer! ME!" Yeah, right, sure, whatever. Not good enough for me.

In terms of my personal beliefs, I’m pro-life, pro-second amendment, pro-border security and strongly anti-tax. Professionally, I have dedicated my career to supporting GOP candidates and helping them win. I serve as founding CEO of California Trailblazers, an organization that recruits and trains Republican candidates for state legislative office. It is modeled after the national Young Guns program and has become California’s most successful GOP candidate support program. This is because, at my core, I am a campaign expert who recognizes that operational excellence is a determining factor in party success.



California Trailblazers has not supported conservatives. They push for moderate candidates against conservative ones time anda gain. What's worse, that nettlesome phrase "personal beliefs" grants more distrust. She is "personally" pro-life, just like Rocky Chavez, for example? Wow, that instills so much comfort! 

By the way, that Trailblazers program has no real success behind it, since the state assembly has continued losing seats for the last eight years!

I grew up in Hacienda Heights and Montebello in East Los Angeles County, getting my start in politics in high school as a volunteer for former Governor Pete Wilson, and I am honored that he has endorsed my candidacy. I gained valuable organizing and operational experience volunteering at the Los Angeles Republican Party headquarters in Hacienda Heights. Following an internship with Assemblymember Bob Pacheco, I served as an intern for the California Republican Party and was later appointed Executive Director of the Ventura County Republican Party. In 2006, I was a Regional Political Director for Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger’s landslide re-election victory, and in 2008, I was the State of Nevada Victory Director for John McCain for President. I was the statewide Field Director for Meg Whitman for Governor and California Victory Director in 2010 and 2012 with the California Republican Party.

Let's see ... after Arnold Schwartz-a-house-keeper and Pete Wilson, she has been behind one losing campaign after another. Wow, this is the new leader of the California Republican Party? I don't think so!

Finally, I am so proud to be a graduate and member of the board of directors for the Marian Bergeson Series, a training program designed to recruit and train the next generation of Republican women in California politics. Senator Bergeson was one of California’s most remarkable GOP leaders who has made a lasting impact on my life by virtue of her proud record of service to our party and state.

I am so tired of people talking about their connection to candidates and elected officials from decades ago. We need people to fight for California's future today. We need GOP victories TODAY. We need to register voters today.

I hope this email gives you a sense of my experience, passion and commitment to our California Republican Party, and it is my goal to earn your confidence and your vote. I am ready for the challenges ahead and recognize it won’t be easy, but California is at a turning point. No one will work harder to get our party back on track and start winning elections again.

I have an even greater commitment, yes indeed -- to get Steve Frank elected as the next Chairman of the California Republican Party.

Please don’t hesitate to email or call me (805) 380-8735 if you have any questions. I look forward to working with you to make California’s GOP the party that we all know it can be.
Jessica

Final Reflection

Sorry, Jessica, but your jumping in at the last minute gives me more pause than hope. You are another puppet being put into the fray because a couple of well-connected establishment types can't handle the idea that they won't have control of this party anymore.



Guess what, folks? This is our party, and we are tried of crying. We are tired of losing. While President Trump told us that we win so much would get tired of winning, California Republicans have been losing, and we are getting tired of losing.

Enough is enough. We need hard-hitting activists who have helped other people win. We need moral correctness, not political correctness. We need someone who is not afraid to speak truth to power, even when his side is not likely to win the political fight.

In short, we need Steve Frank to serve as the next California Republican Party Chairman.

No comments:

Post a Comment