Sunday, January 6, 2019

BREAKING: David Hadley Drops Out of Bid for CAGOP Chairman

There is a populist revolt at work in the California Republican Party.

We are mad as hell, and we are not taking regressive, establishment New Permanent Minority leadership bullying anymore.

Andy Gharakani, aka Gimme-Candy, was putting all his eggs into David Hadley being the new CAGOP Chairman.

Well guess what?

He announced tonight -- yes, tonight -- that he is suspending his campaign for CAGOP Chairman:

To my fellow CRP delegates:

Until about ten years ago, I wasn't politically active. I did what most Californians do: I built my business and helped raise our kids. I was a Little League coach, an AYSO referee, active in our church.

As our kids got bigger and my professional obligations got more manageable, I had time to notice what had happened to California. I was horrified by what our political leaders had done to the state I loved - and I decided to do what I could to help California change direction.

Since then, I have held several different political positions - chair of the Beach Cities Republicans, chair of the 66th Assembly District Central Committee, candidate for the State Assembly, member of the State Assembly, potential candidate for governor, legislator-in-residence at USC, vice chair of the CRP, and candidate for CRP chair.

I turned out to be pretty damn good at it too. In 2012-13 we built a pioneering central committee in Los Angeles County. In 2014 I defeated an incumbent to break the super-majority and win a seat in the State Assembly (only Republican from my region to serve in partisan office in 20 years). In the Assembly I led the enactment of two significant conservative policy reforms (public school choice for military service families and civil asset forfeiture) despite being a minority legislator whom Democratic leadership had targeted for extinction. Even in defeat in 2016, I outpolled the top of the GOP ticket by 20,000 votes and 14 percentage points in my district.

In each of these roles, my only goals were effectiveness and service. I have always thought first about what the situation required, and last about myself.

I have done what I have done for one reason: because I am frightened for the future of our state if it continues to be governed by the leftist/special interest coalition that rules unchallenged.

The CRP has been in a downward spiral for many years - declining voter registration, irrelevance in more and more California communities, unable and seemingly unwilling to adapt to the state's changing demographics.

I accepted the board's unanimous appointment to be CRP vice chair this past summer, and I put myself forward as a candidate for CRP chair, because I believed I am the right candidate to unite the party and lead it to greater effectiveness and relevance in California.

I still believe that. But I no longer believe that I can prevail on February 24 while still running a campaign to unify the delegates and walk forward together after the convention.

As a result, I have decided to suspend my campaign for chair, and to release my many endorsers and supporters to evaluate other candidates.

I have also decided that I will continue to communicate with delegates. To be blunt, I have seen zero sign to date that the other chair candidates understand the magnitude of our challenges or the steps needed to rebuild the GOP's fortunes in California. Perhaps my emails will have more impact on delegates when they are not part of a campaign for party office.

A few final items:
  • To my supporters, endorsers and volunteers - thank you! Some of you have been with me for years, some just for the past few weeks. I wish I could thank each of you in person, but word travels fast so I need to get this out.
  • To those to whom I have committed to appear in a forum or event - I will reach out to you as soon as I am able, but you should assume I am not coming unless you want to hear from the lame duck CRP vice chair! (and even please confirm).
  • To those who have been lying about my record for a paycheck - just remember that the money will run out when the CRP is bankrupt or completely irrelevent in California. Which is our future if we don't change.
  • To those who have been reading bad stuff about my record on social media - not all of it is untrue, but most of it is!
The California Republican Party is the last best hope of the greatest state in the greatest country in the world. I hope that between now and February 24, our party can unite and focus on the grave challenges we face.
 
David Hadley
Vice Chair, California Republican Party (appointed July 2018)
Former State Assemblyman (2014 - 2016)
Former Chairman, 66th AD Central Committee (2012 - 2013)


I will be reporting in greater detail in another post that Janice Webb, the corrupt puppet who lied and had the Beach Cities Republicans charter revoked, did not run for re-election as RPLAC Secretary.

She did not want to run again because she did not like getting hammered and repeatedly criticized by ... ME! (As well as others)

There is a real change at work in the California Republican Party. In Los Angeles County, there is manifold, manifest outrage with the dead leadership in the largest county in the most populous state in the country.

This failure is inexcusable. The big money RINOs who have been more interested in losing gracefully than winning, even chaotically, are finally losing what little chokehold they had left on the state party.

It's time for the Republican (little) people such as myself and the thousands of delegates to take back their party--and take ba

No comments:

Post a Comment