Thursday, March 28, 2013

How to Deal with Ridicule

What's the response to ridicule? Rejoice!
"Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake." (Matthew 5: 11)
and

"Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake." (Luke 6: 22)

and also

"9And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong." (2 Corinthians 12: 9-10)

More modern examples of this gracious example:

"I wear their scorn as a badge of honor." -- Dan Quayle

and

“If standing for liberty and standing for the Constitution makes you a wacko bird, then count me a proud wacko bird.” -- Ted Cruz

When people make fun of you, that means that they have lost the argument, that whatever points they were standing on to make a point have failed. Then do what Andrew Breitbart did:

"Andrew's favorite tool was Twitter, where hateful leftists spewed enough bile at him to melth throgh six feet of titanium. Andrew was the father of the now famous Twitter tactic: retweeting the hate. He loved to show the world whjat nasty people resided on the supposed kind and intolerant left." Ben Shapiro, Bullies

Take their shame and scorn it!

"Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God." (Hebrews 12: 2)

Jesus was good at shutting down the shame-based adversaries:
"And ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan hath bound, lo, these eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the sabbath day?

"And when he had said these things, all his adversaries were ashamed: and all the people rejoiced for all the glorious things that were done by him." (Luke 13: 16-17)


Scorn the shame, stand on the truth that you have been made the righteousness of God in Christ, and let His grace minister in you, and you will reign in life (Romans 5: 17)


























1 comment:

  1. This is my first time visit at here and i am genuinely impressed to read
    everthing at single place.

    ReplyDelete