Monday, November 21, 2011

Reflections on "My Utmost" November 17, Part III

"’Tis because I am mean,
Thy ways so oft look mean to me."

By the discipline of obedience I get to the place where Abraham was and I see Who God is. I never have a real God until I have come face to face with Him in Jesus Christ, then I know that "in all the world, my God, there is none but Thee, there is none but Thee." The promises of God are of no value to us until by obedience we understand the nature of God. We read some things in the Bible three hundred and sixty-five times and they mean nothing to us, then all of a sudden we see what God means, because in some particular we have obeyed God, and instantly His nature is opened up. "All the promises of God in Him are yea, and in Him Amen." The "yea" must be born of obedience; when by the obedience of our lives we say "Amen" to a promise, then that promise is ours.

When Chambers writes about "obedience," it's best to read that in light of John 15:5)

"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing."

But are we not supposed to do something?

Yes! Believe!:

"For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth." (Psalm 37:9)

In this verse "wait" carries the "weight" of earnest expectancy, which is realized by faith, since:

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:" (Ephesians 1:3)

Pastor Andrew Wommack has present and magnificent and manifold teaching on the crucial importance of respecting the tripartite division of body, mind, and spirit in us human beings. By grace through faith, we are saved and receive in our renewed, reborn spirit all the power of the Godhead. By faith and faithful meditation on God's word, we witness His power produce forth in our lives!

Jesus Himself exhorted His followers to belief:

"Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent." (John 6:29)

Now, some would counter that such a simple command is too limited, to lazy, or too light, yet:

"My yoke is easy, and my burden is light." (Matthew 11:30)

No comments:

Post a Comment