Tuesday, October 17, 2017

The First Amendment Is Not a License for Politicians to Lie

It’s not every day that my activism against corrupt, enabling politicians in California earns the ire of the right. The Left hates me, sure, but for conservative pundits to throw a fit? Gosh, we need Bannon to help us clean house in the Republican Party now more than ever!

Who specifically launched broadsides against some of my latest efforts?—not that I ever work on my own. Ben Shapiro criticized me and fellow Trump supporters when we shouted down “radical leftist” Xavier Becerra, California’s lawless, anti-constitutional attorney general; and the corrupted Majority Leader Ian Calderon, who descends from a long line of corrupt politicians in the Montebello area, including his uncle Ron, forced to step down and go to prison for taking bribes. The article itself seems kind of juvenile, too: DUMB: MAGA-Hatted Trump Supporters SHOUT DOWN Leftist Speaker At California College.



Even Ben Shapiro hates me? WINNING!

Yet his  article drew from a previous article published in Reason Magazine: Snowflakes on the Right: Conservative Hecklers Shut Down Speakers at Whittier College Snowflakes? Believe me, I have shared and discussed heated issues with people whom I disagree with severely. I do not seek counseling or run to safe spaces if I do not like someone’s point of view. Already, Reason Magazine revealed their unreasoning anti-Trump disdain.

But even then, Reason was drawing from another article, published by The Foundation for Individual Rights in Education (FIRE), written by Adam Steinbaugh. His article was called: Hecklers shout down California attorney general, assembly majority leader at Whittier College.

Why not start with the source of consternation than sounding off on third-party data?

Steinbaugh suggested that I am a free speech hypocrite. He cited past articles I had written defending free speech advocates on campus. Then cited my arrest for disturbing the peace in a Huntington Park city council meeting. What he neglected to write, however, was that I did not disrupt the meeting, I was unjustly incarcerated, and to this day the police department has refused to file any paperwork with the District Attorney’s office. But facts don’t matter when pushing a narrative, right?

Anyway, there is an emerging conflict  about adopting some of the Saul Alinsky tactics among the Left. Guest speakers have a right to address their audiences. I am not interested in silencing anyone. I want open dialogue among different parties on different issues. The biggest reason I attended free speech rallies in Berkeley and Portland, Oregon is to make the case for Judeo-Christian conservative principles, but also to hear from people in the political center and the left who disagree--but are willing to disagree agreeably.

But what about my outburst and outrage in town halls and public forums with elected officials? Shapiro and other more media-averse conservatives are concerned that this will only undermine freedom of speech or engender more chaos. At these events, I am interested in making bad politicians accountable and miserable for the pain they are inflicting on me and the millions of over-taxed, over-regulated, and under-protected Californians.

As another example, Steinbaugh referenced my attendance at illegal alien town halls, like the one hosted by Congresswoman Grace Napolitano. Readers around the country need to understand that Californians are dealing with elected officials who teach illegal aliens how to avoid capture and deportation. These lawless meetings have taken place for more than two years! Am I and other outraged Californians supposed to just sit back and let our elected leaders steal our money, deprive us of our rights, and undermine our safety? It is the responsibility of government to protect our rights. 

Not only do I have a right, I have a necessity to call out the lies, the BS, the completely treasonous misuse of my taxpayer dollars. Tell me, celebrity conservatives: would you sit back and say nothing if a group of radical communists were plotting an open overthrow of the government? Would you say nothing if you knew about a group of thieves planned to rob a local bank? I refuse to be silent, and I am proud to disrupt such corporate, government-backed lawlessness.



Now, what about the Becerra/Calderon Event in Whittier …

Elected officials like Ian Calderon and more so Attorney General Xavier Becerra have repeatedly violated their oaths of office, to the United States and the California Constitutions. They have passed laws granting more rights and privileges to illegal aliens, while ignoring the rights of California’s citizenry. It is now a crime punishable by up to one year in jail to use the wrong pronoun to address a transgendered person in a nursing home! A year before, the legislature was contemplating legislation which would forced every Christian college to abandon their moral foundations or close down entirely. AG Becerra is suing the journalist who exposed Planned Parenthood’s sale of baby parts. The same attorney general is suing the President over his executive authority to secure our borders and end unconstitutional transitional amnesties like DACA.

Calderon is completely complicit in this corruption as Assembly majority leader. Individuals have freedom of speech, but elected officials do NOT have a right to lie to the public.

And for that reason, fellow Trump supporters and I shouted him down in Whittier. And guess what? I do not apologize for that. These arrogant, out-of-touch politicians do not care about the very constituents whom they were elected to represent. If they won’t do their jobs, we need to make them feel the pain until they do the right thing, or they resign.


And if that means disrupting their lies and deceits in a public forum, so be it. These events are not conversations, as they claim, but propaganda meetings to keep pushing their lies. And like frustrated newscaster Howard Beale in Network, I refuse to sit by peacefully and let them get away with it. It’s time that more people took to their windows, the streets and the public forums with these lawless lawmakers and shouted: “I’m as mad as hell, and I’m not going to take this anymore!”

No comments:

Post a Comment