Monday, October 26, 2015

Hawthorne Deserves Better: Alex Vargas for Mayor

It is official.

After sitting through one of the most engaging and information local debates in recent memory (October 22), I know whom I want to represent the residents of Hawthorne, CA.

Torrance Mayor Pat Furey beat me to it so I have some catching up to do.

I endorse Alex Vargas for Mayor of Hawthorne.

Chris Brown is a joke.

He has been threatened with eviction three times in the last year. He spends money which the city does not have on junkets and splurges.

Elected officals in other cities have called Brown "silly." The political  machine which had supported Brown is leaving him to drown.

It it's Brown, flush it down!

Angie English has been part of the problem rather than the solution, voting with the current mayor, who needs to go, pushing higher costs onto the city residents without dealing with the structural issues.

Vargas has voted repeatedly against bad budgets and bad hiring. He was one of only two city councilmembers to show up to city councl meetings, even when the other three had not show up, particularly the embattled mayor, who wanted to avoid further embarrassmet.

Alex Vargas for Mayor of Hawthorne
Hawthorne residents are angry with the status quo, and they should be.

The need to vote for the city council member who has voted against that status quo time and again.

I want a candidate who is not afraid of Larry Guidi and Co. I want a candidate who is not going to bring more of the outdated Hawthorne Hustle back to the City of Good Neighbors.

I have waited for this day for years. I even wrote: there must be a way to bring back the Days of the Beach Boys and play into the future.

I know and believe that Vargas, a former engineer and now teacher, can do the job,

On November 3rd, 2015

Vote for Alex Vargas for Mayor of Hawthorne!

No comments:

Post a Comment