Wednesday, November 6, 2013

What Politics Was All About for me

Why was I so intent on getting involved in the political game?

A sense of frustration, a sense that I could change things if I wrote the write things, or that I could convince people to vote one way or another.

I had the opportunity to sway people's minds one way or another, or at least so I thought.

Now I see that no matter what I may think, or what other people may think, people are not going to change their minds until they have a change of heart.

This is a fallen earth, an earth which cannot change with the right political wrangling.

The answer is not to fix the political schemes, but rather to put an end to the lie that all we have is what we have in front of us.

There is no liberty without the Spirit of Liberty.

We do not have to fight against the state in order to be protected.

We do not have to align the correct politicians in office in order to have peace.

If Isaac could plant, harvest, and thrive in times of famine, and even with menacing Philistines surrounding him, then today, you and I who  live under a better covenant have nothing to worry about!

The Blood of Jesus Christ is not Republican or Democrat, not a partisan issue at all.

To this day, I still wince when I recall a pastor saying: "The Democrat has said in his heart there is no God."

That is simply not true.

We must assign our true identity not to the currents of the world, but rather to the Man who is seated at the right hand of God the Father.

When you see Christ, when we rest in the work of Him who has been from the beginning, then we have nothing to fear!

Politics for me seemed like a fun pastime.

What can I say. Politics is no fun when your guy does not win.

But wait. . .even when my candidate won, it mattered very little.

Mark Sanford captured his former Congressional seat earlier this year, for example. After the initial thrill of a man who had fallen into grace, and then rose again, I am still facing the challenges in this life.

Our peace simply cannot ride on an election.

I thought that the political process would allow me to affect the world I live in. Politics has become weak and beggarly elements, to say the least.

We need life, and that more abundantly. In Christ, I have this life! And now I know that through Him, I can have this life in greater abundance!

No comments:

Post a Comment