Thursday, November 7, 2013

Position, then Purpose and Prosperity -- Purpose

"Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth." (3 John 2)

When our soul prospers, as we walk in the truth of who we are in Christ, forever forgiven and fulfilled with every spiritual blessing, then our purpose and His prosperity comes through for us!

Our soul prospers when our soul stops striving for things and starts resting in the One Person who has done all things for us!

That's Jesus!

How do I establish this truth?

Read further into John's third epistle:

"For I rejoiced greatly, when the brethren came and testified of the truth that is in thee, even as thou walkest in the truth."

Who is the Truth? Christ:

"I am the way, the truth, and the life." (John 14: 6)

We are all in Christ today because of what He has done, and that He ministers on our behalf:

"But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:" (1 Corinthians 1: 30)

He lives in us, for He is our life:

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 21I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain." (Galatians 2: 20-21)

and

"To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:" (Colossians 1: 27)

And also:

"4When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory." (Colossians 3: 4)

He is our life, and He lives in us.

Our walk in Christ depends on our standing, our position.

We are seated in heavenly places with Christ (Ephesians 2: 4-8)

We are now sons of God in Christ (1 John 3: 1-3), and so we can now walk:

"1I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called," (Ephesians 4: 1)

and then

"This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind, " (Ephesians 4: 17)

Then Paul writes:

"For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:" (Ephesians 5: 8)

In this light, our sins are forever and continually cleansed (1 John 1: 7)

Then John writes in his third epistle:

"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth." (3 John 4)

When we know that we are children of God, we are walking in the Truth, and when we understand our position, then His purpose works in us without hindrance:

Back to Colossians:

"27To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: 28Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: 29Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily." (Colossians 1: 27-29)

Christ in us, then Christ working in us! Sounds like purpose to me!

Check out Philippians:

"6Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ." (Philippians 1: 6)

and then

"12Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling [Hebraism, with great joy and wonder]. 13For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure." (Philippians 2: 12-13)

When we see who we are in Christ, then He can work in us, because we rest in the truth that He is in us!

No comments:

Post a Comment