Saturday, January 28, 2012

There is no Loneliness for the Believer

I struggled with loneliness for a long time. I did not like that I was so alone with my thoughts. It seemed to me that most people were having such a wonderful time with others, but for some reason I felt isolated, at a distance, set apart. Even while I was talking with other people, I felt that a part of who I was never connected with the person across from me or with anyone else.

Loneliness is not the absence of people in one's life. Some of the loneliest moments for me occurred when I was with other people, but I had nothing in common with them. I usually felt snubbed or ignored. When I wanted to get involved, I found that I struggled just to be heard, just to be noticed.

I never felt connected to anyone. I always felt that I was missing something.

Only Christ Himself can resolve this aching emptiness in the human heart -- no one or nothing else!

"He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end." (Ecclesiastes 3:11)

"World" is better translated as "eternity". We have eternity within us, and only "eternity plus" can fill it -- God.

During his exile to Patmos, the apostle John relates the staggering appearance of Jesus resurrected:

"And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty." (Revelation 1: 8)

Followed by:

"I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death." (Revelation 1: 18)

In the final chapter of the final book of the Bible, Jesus Christ the First and the Last declares:

"And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last." (Revelation 22: 12-13)

Jesus is everything, whatever a human being lacks, He fills it.

He is the Bread of Life (John 6:48)

He is the Water of Life (Revelation 22: 17)

He is the Door (John 10:7)

He is the Good Shepherd (John 10:11)

He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life (John 14:6)

He is King of Kings, Lord of Lords (Revelation 19:17)

He is the Lamb of God who takes away the Sin of the World (John 1:29)

He is our Peace (Ephesians 2:14)

This peace, the world cannot give or take away. This peace obliterates the savage lack the afflicts the lonely soul, the outcast and lost, those who know the need Someone, but have yet to find Him.

In Christ, there is no loneliness, no loss, no lingering pain. All is complete, for every believer is complete in Him! (cf Colossians 2:10)

No comments:

Post a Comment