Sunday, March 29, 2015

Swift to Shake Off Rhode Island?

Rhode Island Governor Gina Raimondo, desperate for money for the Ocean State drowning in red ink, budget deficits, and structural debt, is looking for more ways to beat a taxpayer, if anyone of them haven’t drowned or washed away already.
 
Rhode Island Governor Gina Raimondo
 
Instead of right-to-work legislation, tort reform, or even school choice (which would bring in competition and eliminate waste and fraud in public education), Raimondo wants to tax homeowners with two or more mansions.
 
One multiple mansion owner, Taylor Swift, is a break-out artist hitting the top of the pop charts. Singing on behalf of the forlorn and forgotten, Swift has even written about the young girl left out of the party, and champions the little guy who deserves a break. No wonder Swift is so popular. When crappy rapper Kanye West stole her glory moment at the Grammy’s one year, BeyoncĂ© graciously permitted Swift take center stage, and she received double honor. She’s used to getting snubbed, but she’s no snob, and she has lived the adage: “Everything’s going to be alright”.
 
Now, it appears that Rapper Kayne is getting his revenge, telling Governor Gina to take away from Swift’s hard-earned career. The young lady for Pennsylvania had the music in her, and put it out there for everyone to enjoy, and she gets rich. Why would Gina and Co. on Smith Hill want to punish her for that? It’s in their nature. Taxes are to Democrats and their core constituencies what air is to every living animal. With public sector unions running amok, welfare recipients at an all-time high, illegal immigration on the rise, plus academics grabbing what they can from the state coffers and bureaucrats paving the way, no wonder more residents are chanting “Dems are gonna prey, and I don’t want to stay.”
 
Taylor Swift
 
For decades, Rhode Island was the beautiful getaway for the wealthy, with more coastlines than mainland, a warm retreat from the Big Apple or Boston’s dinginess. With Raimondo’s latest proposal, even the rich may decide to shake off Rhode Island’s usurious tax schemes and move elsewhere, along with the Middle and working class residents trying to get away.
 
Speaking of “shake off”, Swift’s latest hit single details her career’s meteoric rise, in spite of the opposition in her life. People disparaged her publicly or privately, but she keeps on dancing and singing, winning hearts and making her way.
 
Today, read my take on Tayllr Swift’s hit song “Shake it off”, with my jabs at greedy Gina and the Democratic stronghold on Smith Hill:
 
The Democrats all hate, got nothing in their brain
That's what everyone says -  mmm. That's what everyone says – mmm.
They’ve racked up too much debt, now they want me to pay.
That’s what the GOP said -- mmm. That's what they’ve always said -- mmm.
 
Why should I keep paying? Dems can’t stop, won’t stop spending!
It's like I got this music in my body, saying: “Leave RI tonight!”
 
(Chorus)
'Cause the Dems are gonna prey, prey, prey, prey, prey
And those  haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
I shake them off, I shake them off
Taxpayers gonna break, break, break, break, break
And the takers gonna take, take, take, take, take, take
Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
I shake then off, I shake them off
 
 
I don’t like Dems’ beat! I'm moving with my feet!
And that's what Dems don't see  --mmm. That's what they don't see mmm
I'm dancing on my own (dancing on my own), I'll make Massachusetts or Maine my home (moving up as I go)
And that's what they don't know - mmm. That's what they don't know mmm.
 
So Dems just keep losing, can't stop, won't stop bruising
It's like I got this music in my body saying: “Leave RI tonight!”
 
(Chorus)
 
Hey, Mattielo, just think what happened to Fox, and the other liars and dirty cheats. When you miss my sick beat, taking my income will be the last thing you do.
 
 
Allan Fung (R-Cranston)
The unions bought Gina, their new girlfriend
She's like "oh my God", but I'm gonna shake it off
And to the fella over there (Allan Fung) with the hella good hair
Won't he come on over, baby, and make Dems quake, quake, quake
 
'Cause the Dems are gonna prey, prey, prey, prey, prey
And those  haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
I shake them off, I shake them off
 
Taxpayers gonna break, break, break, break, break
And the takers gonna take, take, take, take, take, take
Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
I shake then off, I shake them off
 
Rhode Island voters had their chance in 2014 to make Dems quake, and send Allan Fung to Smith Hill. Instead, they chose greedy Gina, who wants to take the rich, as if all their money will make everyone else less poor. Taylor Swift may be moving out, and swiftly. Then who is left to tax in the Ocean State? What do you think, Rhode Islanders? When will you take the microphone away from the Democrats on Smith Hill and start “shaking them off”?

No comments:

Post a Comment