Wednesday, October 17, 2012

In Christ, There is No Abandonment

I met with a friend of mine today, a young man who grew up in a whole bunch of foster homes, but he does not regret what he went through, not one bit.

He knew that He could always depend on God to be there for Him.

Right now, I just want to visit some scriptures that will speak to His always being there for you, no matter what:

"For the son dishonoureth the father, the daughter riseth up against her mother, the daughter in law against her mother in law; a man's enemies are the men of his own house.

"Therefore I will look unto the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation: my God will hear me." (Micah 7: 6-7)

What Micah waited for -- with expectation, we now have living within us, for Christ now lives in us, the hope of glory (Colossians 1: 27)

We  must see the Lord as the one who is always lifting us up:

"When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up." (Psalm 27: 10)

For us who are in Christ, He has and continues to lift us up!

"And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus" (Ephesians 2:6)

The next verse in Psalm 27 reads:
 
"Teach me thy way, O LORD, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies." (Psalm 27: 11)

We receive this through the Holy Spirit, who has written God's laws on our hearts and minds (Hebrews 8: 10), and because we have His anointing living in us, we need not that anyone teach us, for He leads us in the ways to go:

"But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things." (1 John 2: 20)

and

"But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him." (1 John 2: 27)

This cannot be stressed enough, so let us now read and receive the following:

"Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." (Hebrews 13: 5)

He never leaves you nor forsakes you, and this promise has nothing to do with you, but rather everything to do with all that He has done, at the Cross!

In Christ, there is no abandonment, no matter how you may feel!

No comments:

Post a Comment