Tuesday, October 23, 2012

A Thought about Berman-Sherman and Democrats


Aside from sharing a line in Randy Newman’s hit song “I Love LA” from his Album “Trouble in Paradise”, the South Bay and the Valley have very little in common, but I cannot help getting drawn into the Berman-Sherman race, which for  me is just as important as the Bloomfield-Waxman race in my home district.

There is definitely trouble brewing for the Berman-Waxman machine, which is facing its first test since the two incumbents came to power decades ago.

I got quite a charge out of the heated exchange between Brad Sherman and Howard Berman at Pierce College. “You wanna get into this?” Whoever wins that contest will have to explain to voters why two Democrats who have descended into name-calling and school-yard bullying deserve reelection.

After four years of Barack Obama, I wonder why any Jewish voter would give four more years to that incumbent, who has no record to run on, and has launched nothing but attacks at Romney. After frequent exchanges like the Berman-Sherman explosion, I wonder why so many Jews insist on voting for any Democratic candidates, since they advance nothing but empty hopes, little change, and a lot of mudslinging with no attention to details.

No comments:

Post a Comment