Thursday, September 27, 2012

"God Don't Make Junk" -- He Wants to Do More

I remember one lady in the Celebrate Recovery group that I used to attend.

She was always telling people: "God Don't Make Junk."

Just like that, yet that kind of talk did not make me feel more prized as a human being. I still felt that  I was not measuring up. I was still looking at myself.

Then I read Colossians:

"If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God." (Colossians 3: 1)

Why do we keep our eyes on Him? Because as He is, so are we in this world(1 John 4: 17)

Here is a list of all that God has made Jesus to be for us:

"But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:" (1 Corinthians 1: 30)

Jesus Christ is our righteousness, and thus we are the righteousness of God in Christ (2 Corinthians 5: 21)

Righteousness means that before God we are fully justified, made into a new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17)

We are not supposed to be evaluating or esteeming ourselves in any way. Our standard, our standing, is wrapped up in Jesus, who sits at the right hand of the Father:

"For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:

"Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope." (Acts 2: 25-26)

We rest because we know and believe that He lives and reigns in us and through us and over the entire world. Nothing can beat that!

God does not make junk, but we must be born again (John 3: 3). Through His love, we become sons of God (1 John 3: 1)

Indeed, God does not make junk -- but we are called to life and that more abundantly, to be transformed into a new creation:

"For neither circumcision nor uncircumcision matters. Rather, what matters is being a new creation." (Galatians 6: 15)

In Christ we are more than "not junk" -- we are a new creation!

No comments:

Post a Comment