Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Brief Statement on the Lynch-Lindner Trial


“You ruined my life. Turn yourself in. You molested me."



I understand sex-abuse victim William Lynch’s allegations, when he confronted then assaulted his abuser Father Jerold Lindner.



His first charge, however, is not true. He cannot blame the terrible crime perpetrated against him as a child for the perverse turns which have dominated the remainder of his life since then.



Many people have been abused in the past, but they did not resort to vengeance and vigilante justice to satisfy themselves.



I believe that Father Jerold has not lived one peaceful day in his life, but in breaking the law Mr. Lynch has only harmed himself.



I hope that this case will finally impress law enforcement and counselors who work with survivors of sex abuse that victims do not have to live like victims, that they can seek help, but not through extralegal vengeance, which satisfies no one.

No comments:

Post a Comment