Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sin, Freedom, and the Real Reason (?) For Living

"Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.

If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.

I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father. (John 8: 34-38)

What is sin? Independence from God. Just as Adam and Eve wanted to be like God, having the knowledge of Good and Evil, every person who wants to know all and act on all, trying to play God and edge him out, commits sin.

What is the goal of your life? To be free? No! To know the Father!, To receive the Son, to Be Empowered by the Holy Spirit! To be broken bread and poured-out wine for His glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment