Sunday, October 8, 2017

Interview: Trump Supporters at AG Becerra/Calderon Protest at Whittier College

                     

Matthew Park of Whittier College News met with me this afternoon (October 8, 2017)

My interview began in a pretty generic fashion.

I was not sure if they wanted to eat before questioning me.

They could see that I was well-received where we were eating.

Matthew brought another Whittier College English major--and journalist at the newspaper. His name was Nathan. He came along mainly to see what Matthew did and how everything operated when interviewing someone.

Aside from some misunderstanding about who and how I could record, the set-up went well.

The interviewers did not want to be video recorded, but audio recording was acceptable.

Word to the wise and conservative activists out there: do not hesitate to record your interviews with the press. It is necessary to ensure accuracy and accountability from all reporters when they publish their final article about you and the movements which you participate in.



The whole discussion is available in the video above.

I do commend the reporters driving all the way out for Whittier to meet with me in my home town. They covered a number of generic questions. They wanted to learn about my background, how I became involved in politics, activism, and journalism.

I shared the statewide frustrations which voters have about the lawless attorney general Xavier Becerra and Majority Leader Ian Calderon. In addition to the AG's attacks and disregard for the rights of California citizens, I launched into growing concerns with illegal immigration and the disrespect for the California political class with Donald Trump.

The final discussion at the end of our interview focused on the two journalism students and their political views. I found out that they both voted for Hillary Clinton. They dislike Trump's purported attacks on the press.

Check out what we had to talk about!

No comments:

Post a Comment