Saturday, January 19, 2013

Jesus: Better than the Welfare State

Jesus Christ is all Give, because that is who He is by nature:

"What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? 32He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? " (Romans 8: 31-32)

Salvation is tied up completely with our welfare in this earth:

"Terrors are turned upon me: they pursue my soul as the wind: and my welfare passeth away as a cloud." (Job 30:15)

Here, "welfare" renders the Hebrew word "Yeshua", which is Jesus!, and it means "Salvation." Job did not enjoy this salvation because he was "righteous in his own eyes" (Job 32: 1)

We have a  new covenant with the Lord:

"For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
 
"And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

"For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. (Hebrews 8: 10-12)

Modern welfare is based on what people get from the state, but the state has nothing of itself. The government takes by force from one group of people and gives to another. Worse than that, the federal government does not fix the deeper deficit of man, that he is dead in his trespasses (Ephesians 2:1).

Instead of satisfying the spirit, the welfare state gratifies the flesh, and instead of meeting the deeper needs of man, makes man needier than ever. Where there is nothing but need, and no caring to teach skills and impart the will to do good, there is nothing but poverty.

Jesus Christ though His Holy Spirit has taken care of everything.

Regarding skills:

"For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ." (Romans 5: 17)

When we keeping receiving His righteousness and His grace, then everything else is added unto us.

The Holy Spirit convicts us of this righteousness, too (John 16: 8-11)

Regarding the will:

"But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me." (1 Corinthians 15:10)

and then

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

"I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain." (Galatians 2: 20-21)

and

"12Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. 13For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure." (Philippians 2: 12-13)

This same Holy Spirit brings to us the Kingdom of Heaven:

"For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost." (Romans 14: 17) Notice with both verses are #17 in their respective chapters, the number of victory, because in the Kingdom of Heaven, there is nothing but God's welfare, which not only meets all our needs (Philippians 4: 19), but enables us to meet the needs of others.

Jesus Christ is better than the Welfare State. He produces righteousness and grace in our lives. In Christ, we are blessed with all spiritual blessings (Ephesians 1: 3), and in Christ we receive all things.

Forget Uncle Sam! Let the Great-I-Am move in your life and be all that you need!

No comments:

Post a Comment