Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Promiscuity Promises Nothing

"I am an extreme person. If someone says, 'Jack, you are a womanizer,' I don't deny it. But the life of a gigolo always ends badly," the Oscar winner tells U.K.'s The Sun. "That is one of the reasons I feel uncomfortable about all that 'sex legend' stuff."

 This is the message that more promiscuous people need to know about. A life of abusing one's body just for fun leaves nothing but a trail of shame, damage, and regret.

So says Jack Nicholson, a famous actor who never misses a Lakers football game, but who also misses a close relationship with his grown-up children.

A lot of young people claim, "It's my body, I can do what I want." The only problem with this moral calculation is that they ignore the consequences of using their body with so casual a dishonor. Fear and shame make no difference, though, in turning people from abusing themselves for brief moments of sport, either.

Still, it is comforting that "bad boys" and "bad girls" are willing to share that a life of chasing easy romances is not life at all, but a bitter poverty.

No comments:

Post a Comment