Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Let Go and Let God? He Already Has, So Let Him!

It is amazing how behind we are when it comes to the movement of the Holy Spirit. Yet Jesus portrays God the Father as already involved and invested in our lives:

"Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father.

"But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.

"Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows." (Matthew 10: 29-31)

If we need anything, He already knows about it:

"For your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him." (Matthew 6: 8)

So, what are we worried about? Jesus disputes such man-made terrors straightaway:

"Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?" (Matthew 6: 25)

Followed later by the following:

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

"Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." (Matthew 6: 33-34)

Jesus Christ is as good as His Word,  His Word will never pass away (Mark 13: 31), for He is the Word (John 1: 1)

Yet for a long time, I lived my life as if every time I faced a hardship, or I was stuck in some uncomfortable set of thoughts or emotions, that I had to do something, that I had to "let go."

I have learned that I do not have to "do" something in order to be set free. I need only renew my mind to the Truth, the Truth that is in me, with which I now and forevermore identify with as a believer:

"But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine." (Isaiah 43: 1)

In Christ, we have already been blessed and pardoned fully from all sin:

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

We have all things provided for us within our Spirit, which has been resurrected, made one with God in Christ by the power of the Holy Spirit.

"According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

We were set to be in Christ, who was set aside to die for us before Adam and Eve were even created, and sinned. We are holy, we are blameless in His love. This is a done deal for believers, not something which we have to strive, earn, or work for.

"Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

As believer, we are the predestined to be children of God. We are heirs of all things through Christ. God wants to do this. This is not somehing which He accomplishes for us out of force or fiat, but which He accomplishes justly and in good faith.

"To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

We are accepted, it's a done deal. We do not have to earn our place at the table, so to speak. We are acceptable to God because we are in His Son, we are one with Him. As He is, so are we in this world! (1 John 4: 17)

"In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;" (Ephesians 1: 3-7)

Redemption is done for us, for Christ is our redemption (1 Corinthians 1: 30). We have the forgiveness of sins for all things.

We do not have to do or get or be anything which has not already been done for us through Christ Jesus. He instills us with His power, and by Him we bear fruit of righteousness:

"Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." (John 15: 4-5)

So, if we are in Him, and in Him we can do all things, and without Him we can do nothing, then where do we get the notion that we must "Let go and Let God"? We do nothing without Him. Even the faith by which we live this life is not ours:

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

"Not of works, lest any man should boast." (Ephesians 2: 8-9)

Paul informs us what kind of faith we have flowing within us:

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

"I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain." (Galatians 2: 20-21)

Jesus Christ is everything for the believer. Our Life, and the Way and the Truth one where and how to live out this Life, He provides all (John 14: 6).

We have nothing to begin with. We may be deceived into thinking that we must do something about something else, but in truth, Jesus Christ has us and all things in His hands, and therefore we do nothing but rest in Him, and He leads us!

Do not try to let go -- He already has whatever you are concerned about. Instead, meditate on the following:

"How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? " (Hebrews 9:14)

What work could be more dead than letting go of something that you never had in your hand in the first place? Let us stand fast in the liberty which God has given us through His Son! (Galatians 6: 1)


No comments:

Post a Comment