Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Trump Supporter Arthur Schaper Formally Charged Following Sanctuary City Arrest ... Six Months Later?!

                        

(Hat Tip, Grindall61)

Finally, six months after my unjust, uncalled for, unsubstantiated arrest in Huntington Park, the LA County District Attorney received a criminal package from the Huntington Park Police Department regarding the June 6th, 2017 arrest.

This has gone from crazy to insane.

Who would have thought that a police department would play tag with a suspect regarding their arrest and potential prosecution? Other well-known, well-seasoned activists have told me that such antics from the police in connection with arrests have never happened to them, and they had never heard of such things.

I was initially arrested for disturbing a public meeting and refusing to obey the lawful order of a police officer. The two major problems with these charges are manifold, not the least of which is that I did not disrupt the meeting or defy a lawful order. Police officers cannot simply tell members of the audience to leave a city council meeting or other public government board meeting.

What a joke, and now the DA has no reason to justify going after me, since what basis did the police officers have for arresting me? Because I refused to leave meeting for which I had a right to attend?

This is ridiculous. I wanted to purse a motion to dismiss, but for now we are going to allow all the evidence to fall into place. For some reason, my case was an add-on, which meant that I was one of the last arraignments to take place in Department 6 at Downey Courthouse.

It's OK, though, since I could sit at ease and rest the whole time. I was joined by four supporters of mine, and many other people in our team and around the country have been following the work that I do and the effectiveness which all of us have.

Despite these formal charges, I look forward to asserting my rights and demonstrating my cause in court.

Thanks for watching, sharing, and following. Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions:

Arthur Schaper

arthurschaper@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment