Sunday, August 12, 2012

We Rest Because He is Working!

"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

"Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong."  (2 Corinthians 12: 9-10)

Paul asked God to take "a messenger of Satan" away from Him, but these  hardships made God's grace greater in his life!

God the Father told His Son to sit down and let Him take care of His Son's enemies:

"The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool." (Psalm 110: 1)

He also prepares a feast for us in the presence of our enemies (Psalm 23: 5)

We are called to believe on Jesus (John 6: 29), who has taken care of all things for us (Romans 8: 31-32)

And faith in Him is all about resting in His Promised Land:

"Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief." (Hebrews 4: 11)

Jesus is this rest! (Matthew 11: 28)

We rest in Him, so that His grace will flow in us! (1 Corinthians 15: 10)

No comments:

Post a Comment