Friday, August 10, 2012

Jesus Christ -- Closer to You than You Realize

Jesus Christ is alive and well and real and easy to behold and let him hold you and let you be.

I have the hardest time resting in Him, resting in the truth that He has all things covered, that He has been moving in my life since the moment that He found me.

I was adopted into a new family, yet I was not aware of who I was. I was still living like the world, even though through Christ Jesus we are in the world, yet we are no longer of this world.

When I had pondered that truth, I had assumed that it was somehow my responsibility to keep myself from getting messed up, to make sure that nothing bad happened to me.

I had had so much to learn in those days, and I am still learning so much.

He did not call us to depend on ourselves to live this life. We receive His life, and His life then flows through us. He is right then and there ready to live through you, if you just trust and rest in Him.

I am forever grateful for the ministries of men like Andrew Wommack, Joseph Prince, and Bob George, me who pointed out to me that salvation is much more than your sins being forgiven, but rather a Finished Work which allows us to rest in His grace, and His grace then flows through us.

I was -- and in some ways still am -- very much preoccupied with "I" -- "What am I going to do?" -- "How am I going to get through this mess?" --- "What if I screw up? -- We are not called to do anything of ourselves, but rather we are called to rest in Him, and behold where bear fruits of righteousness in our lives!

He died on the Cross to forgive us all of our sin. He then has given us His life so that we serve in the newness of the Spirit, no longer looking at ourselves or depending on ourselves to get through the day.

This is a journey which has demanded more of me in terms of not demanding as much from me as I would have thought. Yet Jesus is so patient, so loving, so willing to work through us, to let us trust Him and make all things come to pass through us!

Labor to enter the rest (Hebrews 4: 1) -- and Jesus is that rest (Matthew 11: 28)!

No comments:

Post a Comment