Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Who Do You See In Front of You?

"25For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:

26Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:
 
27Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
 
28Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance." (Acts 2: 25-28)
 
Jesus is seated at the right hand of God the Father. He is not some figment of our imagination, but rather a Living Man who is also Everlasting God.
 
He lives and dwells in every believer by the Power of the Holy Spirit.
 
That's why Paul could write:
 
"27To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:" (Colossians 1: 27)
 
More to the point regarding Jesus on our right hand, Paul explains what Jesus accomplishes for everyone of us who believe on Him:
 
"[God] hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:" (Colossians 1: 13)
 
We are citizens of the Kingdom of Heaven by the power of the Holy Spirit:
 
"For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost." (Romans 14: 17)
 
I kept thinking that I had to hold God in my head, so to speak, to keep thinking about Him in order to keep Him close to me.
 
How ridiculous is that?
 
Jesus is ministering on our behalf at the right hand of God the Father.
 
He is on our side, not because of our thinking and feeling, not because of any work which we have done, but because Jesus died on the Cross and rose for our justification, the sign to the entire universe that all our sins are put away forever.
 
Because we rest that our sins are forever forgiven, the New Covenant is fully enacted:
 
"10For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
 
11And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
 
12For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more." (Hebrews 8: 10-12)
 
The entire covenant enters into effect because of His blood, which cleanses us from all sins (1 John 1: 7)

No matter what we are doing, no matter what we are going through, as long as we keep seeing Him sitting at the Father's right hand, and see that He is taking care of all things, and that  He is transforming you from glory to glory (2 Corinthians 3:18)

No comments:

Post a Comment