Friday, November 8, 2013

What Killed Breitbart, Really?

Andrew Breitbart (1969-2012)
I find it somewhat fascinating. . .

What killed Andrew Breitbart?

He was in perfect health, he was ending out tweets like a conservative twit.

He was fresh off of taking down Anthony Weiner, exposing ACORN, and getting federal officials to resign for playing the race card.

He was on the attack, he was going after the liberal media, all the time.

Yet he also had time to analyze the GOP primaries, and one of his last interviews was with CNN's Piers Morgan.

He looked healthy to the "America's Got Talent" Brit.

Yet the next day, March 1, 2012, Andrew Breitbart suffered a massive heart attack, and died.

Whoa!

What happened?

He liked to fight back, he liked to take down enemies.

But when we are taking down enemies, do we find ourselves also being taken down?

Sometimes, I think that punching back twice as hard is harder on those who are punching.

I recall this verse from First Peter:

"Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing." (1 Peter 3: 9)

When you know where you are seated, in Christ in heavenly places, the grace of God not only defines and drives you, but also defends you.

When you know that your gracious Father is watching out for you, that He sees you in His blessed Son, you know that the reproach of man has no effect on you:

"9And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong." (2 Corinthians 12: 9-10)

and

"So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me." (Hebrews 13: 6)

Do we really need to go out of our way to humiliate our opponents, when the lies of the enemy often embarrass them?

"He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made." (Psalm 7: 15)

and

"But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons." (Colossians 3: 25)

I do know that Breitbart was adopted. Did he have a sure since of God's Daddy love for him?

I wonder. How many of us struggle with this kind of upset in our lives? For this reason, I believe, many people go on the attack. They do not trust that God will right the wrongs, fight their battles, stand up for them.

True, every person should speak the truth in the face of lies.

But a life of fighting against every lie, every falsehood.

What kind of life is that?

Andrew Breitbart was a healthy man, at least on the outside, the day before he died.

Yet one has to wonder.  A life of wanting to beat down every bad guy, to stop every lie with your own force, with punching back twice as hard: can every man do that? Can any man accomplish that?

And what are the consequences on our health?

So, what killed Andrew Breitbart? Really?

No comments:

Post a Comment