Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Politics: Who Needs it?

I have run from this reality over and over.

But the truth remains.

People are not going to change by putting the right people in office.

That's just the way it is.

No matter how much people may campaign, the voter apathy is just too strong in this country.

In Virginia, the two major party contenders spent millions trashing each other, and the result was a statistical dead heat until McAuliffe carried the election by a bare three points.

Chris Christie won by double digits in a two-to-one Democratic state, but most critics contend that he won because he played like a centrist-moderate, and he did such a great job helping the state after two massive storms batter the New Jersey Coastline.

No matter what people do, the name of the game will always be more than who is sitting in office, whether in city hall, or in Sacramento, or in Washington D.C.

I had hoped that we could make great things happen, but campaigning for the right people.

I thought that I could have the career that I wanted doing what I was so interested in: writing.

Then an editor reminded me: when you write, you are not trying to change people's minds, but rather you are trying to get people to think, to challenge their former notions, so to speak.

I want to change people's minds, or rather renew their minds to  repentance in which they recognize that everything that we need is found in Christ, and Him Crucified.

There is nothing wrong with losing, then, when you can gain a chance to  win more!

So much more!

No comments:

Post a Comment