Thursday, November 10, 2011

Comments on "My Umost" November 10 Part III

"You can only get there by losing for ever any idea of yourself and by letting God take you right out into His purpose for the world, and because your goings are of the Lord, you can never understand your ways."

He is our destination, the Author and Finisher of our faith. (cf Hebrews 12:2)

We have no need to wonder where we are going, because wherever we go, He is there!

Psalm 139 is one of the grandest presentations of God's omnipresence, and His imminence and immanence in our lives. From the depths of hell to the highest heavens, to the deepest depths of the sea, He is there -- or rather, here! -- with us, even guiding us all the way. David ends this joyful Psalm with the following:

"Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:

"And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." (Psalm 139:23-24)

Not only does God guide us from the outside, but from the inside He cleanses us and leads us from within to the "way everlasting." Who else can this "way" be but Jesus Christ?

"Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." (Hebrews 13:5)

No comments:

Post a Comment