Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Reflections on "My Utmost" November 23 Part III

"Another thing that distracts us is our passion for vindication. St. Augustine prayed, “O Lord, deliver me from this lust of always vindicating myself.” Such a need for constant vindication destroys our soul’s faith in God. Don’t say, “I must explain myself,” or, “I must get people to understand.” Our Lord never explained anything— He left the misunderstandings or misconceptions of others to correct themselves."

Instead of focusing on what we are not supposed to do, let us look at what Christ is doing for us:

"And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled." (2 Corinthians 10:6)

Christ does this for us through His Word working within us! Our obedience is fulfilled by believing on Him (cf John 6:29) All we have to do is rest in Him, be led by His Spirit, and behold:

"And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful." (Revelation 21:5)

And do not forget:

"And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:" (Ephesians 2:6)

So, we have no need to seek revenge. The King of Kings, with whom we sit in high places, is taking care of us, and taking back for us all that was lost, making all things new.

No comments:

Post a Comment