The city attorney Arnold Alvarez-Glasman has been tagged for corruption from a number of people in the city.
Sandy Orozco indicted him publicly at the dais during her public comments.
The Los Angeles Wave reported the following:
The hiring of City Attorney Arnold Alvarez-Glasman and his firm, Alvarez-Glasman and Colvin; and the termination of the contract of the law firm of Rick Olivarez and City Attorney Isabel Buerrita, came with no advance notice of plans to change legal firms and no request for proposals from other law offices as is usually done.
No advanced notice? Isn't this another violation of the law? It gets worse, and more shady:
City Councilman Valentin Amezquita, elected with Macias two years ago, was the only dissenting vote on the city attorney issue. He also dissented on the resolution to boycott El Super. Pineda abstained on that, saying the resolution urges residents to shop outside the city.
Amezquita told a reporter the four other council members were acquainted with Alvarez-Glasman, although he did not respond to a request for proposals for legal firms last year. At that time, the previous council hired the Olivarez Madruga firm, which had responded to the request for proposals and was interviewed by the council, which included Macias.So, this city attorney has close ties with the same four city councilmembers who voted to appoint the illegal aliens to city commissions. Well.
Sandy Orozco shared the following with Los Angeles Wave:
Amezquita said he was concerned about hiring Alvarez-Glasman because of issues involving him at other locations where he was attorney, most recently the regional Central Basin Municipal Water District, based in Commerce, where he was accused of conflict of interest because he previously represented clients involved in legal actions against the district.
Southeast activist Sandra Orozco distributed a list of newspaper articles concerning complaints, charges and issues with Alvarez-Glasman. They included complaints filed recently with the State Bar Association of “numerous conflicts” at Central Basin, and noting that Alvarez-Glasman has served as or is currently city attorney in Bell Gardens, Montebello, Pico Rivera, Pomona and Yountville. The latter city is in Northern California.Can anyone say "Conflict of interest?" What is it with these Southeastern Los Angeles Communities? They seem intent on passing the trash instead of raising up real leaders and honest civic servants.
I contacted Glasman's law firm, which is called Alvarez-Glasman and Colvin. I spoke with his assistant, Melissa Caudillo, who asked me to submit questions for answer.
These are the questions I submitted:
1. How long have you been working for Huntington Park as a City Attorney?
2. How much are you getting paid per hour? Are you receiving a salary? How much money have you gotten for business expenses so far?
3. Are you serving as a city attorney for other cities at this time? Which ones?
4. You acknowledged in the September 8th, 2015 city council meeting that you did not know the statusWhy do you not know the status of the livescan process for the two illegal aliens appointed to city commissions?
5. I have researched the federal and state law on this matter. These two illegal aliens have already broken the law. How can there even be a livescan and background check for the two, since they are "undocumented"?
6. Can you explain the allegations against you coming from Sandra Orozco:
Southeast activist Sandra Orozco distributed a list of newspaper articles concerning complaints, charges and issues with Alvarez-Glasman. They included complaints filed recently with the State Bar Association of “numerous conflicts” at Central Basin, and noting that Alvarez-Glasman has served as or is currently city attorney in Bell Gardens, Montebello, Pico Rivera, Pomona and Yountville. The latter city is in Northern California.
7. I want an answer as to why I was removed from council chambers for asking questions or making comments about agenda items during the Sept 8, 2015 HP city council meeting. The Brown Act requires city council members to allow for comments from the audience on all agenda items.
Thank you for your time.
Contact Attorney Alvarez-Glasman and let his office know that the rule of law matters, and that he needs to come clean about his prior dealings with other city councils, and explain why he is not protecting the rights of citizens and enabling the criminality of illegal aliens:
Arnold Alvarez-Glasman: email@example.com
His Assistant Melissa Caudillo: firstname.lastname@example.org
13181 Crossroads Pkwy North
Suite 400 - West Tower
City of Industry, CA 91746
tel 562.699.5500 fax 562.692.2244
6525 Washington Street Suite 12
P O Box 4016
Yountville, CA 94599
tel 707.944.0540 fax 707.944.0580