Friday, May 4, 2018

Letter to the Editor: "Let me say, God bless Israel, I love Jews ..."

Arthur, you passionate man! God made you for this reason. I love you brother.

Let me say, God bless Israel, I love Jews and I support the nation of Israel. 

That said, we have to understand the nature of this argument. Despite many things and points that can be brought against Israel, I support them because the Bible tells me so.



•God has His reasons• and they are beyond my understanding. “Lean not on your own understanding....”

This is something that you can not expect nonbelievers to accept.  That is what you dealt with in yesterday’s debate... nonbelievers. You can’t expect them to agree with you on Israel because the true reason to support Israel is not something to be successfully argued out but something that the Lord’s obedient will accept. They have not sought the Lord and therefore 

◄ 1 Corinthians 5:12 ►
What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?
I share this with you because:

◄ Proverbs 27:17 ►
"As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another."
>So as far as those guys, remember...

◄ 1 Corinthians 2:14 ►

“But the natural man receives not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness to him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.”

>As a new believer in my 20s, I had tremendous difficulty accepting King David’s murder of Uriah... the circumstances of it were truly foul and deserving of a judgment of death (in man’s eyes) 

BUT GOD, is sovereign and He saw it differently. I can’t understand it but I trust Him. 



Consider an analogy of David’s transgressions a good parallel to trying to explain your support for Israel 🇮🇱. To one that trusts not God, it’s a tall order....

for a believer,  it is easier to get the support for David and   Israel 🇮🇱 , but to the one that is having trouble trusting The Lord, King David and Israel might be a tough pill to swallow.
I hope framing it in this context helps you to understand it better, brother.

Maybe if you can frame your future debates on this subject by acknowledging their concerns, you’ll have more grace upon it to win hearts and minds over.

These fellows are sincere in their position... they’re just not willing to trust. 

That’s the bravado of youth.

They can still be won over for the kingdom, and you know it. 

God bless you, Arthur.

No comments:

Post a Comment