Friday, February 8, 2013

YHWH is Already with Us -- Through Messiah


On the Editorial Page of The Jewish Observer, I have read frequent pleas from the faithful that we must “return to YHWH” or “bring YHWH back into our schools.”

This kind of thinking, that YHWH is removed from us, that we must usher Him back into our lives, falsely limits YHWH and exposes our limited understanding of His great power.

YHWH does not sit and wait for us to come to Him. He comes to us, in our darkest hour sometimes, and often because we insist on exhausting every other option before letting Him work in our lives.

YHWH is the unityof “Was”, “Is” and “Forever.” He was, and is, and always will be. He has not gone anywhere. He rests outside of time, outside of our limited thinking, yet He is more than ready to step into our troubles and shed His grace on us. From Sarah to Hannah, every barren woman can sing (Isaiah 54: 1) because they trust that YHWH will cause them to prosper.

YHWH is the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Was, is, always will be.

YHWH told Avraham: “And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.” (Genesis 12: 3)

YHWH told Moshe: “Stand back and see the salvation of the Lord”? (Exodus 14: 13)

YHWH told Yehoshua: “There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.”
 (Joshua 1: 5)

YHWH told Yeremiah: “Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.” (Jeremiah 1: 5)

YHWH said: “A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.” (Psalms 91: 7)

Did not YHWH say: “I have redeemed thee, thou are mine”? (Isaiah 43: 1)

Did not YHWH say: “14In righteousness shalt thou be established: thou shalt be far from oppression; for thou shalt not fear: and from terror; for it shall not come near thee.” (Isaiah 54: 17)

Did not YHWH promise: “And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh: 20That they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God.” (Ezekiel 11: 19-20)

Did not YHWH declare: “But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.” (Malachi 4: 2)

YHWH’s creation must stop looking at the perils and start looking at Messiah (Isaiah 53). Stop seeking answers, start receiving His righteousness, and the rest, His rest, shall be added unto you.

No comments:

Post a Comment