Thursday, April 18, 2019

Claiming the Promise of Long Life

The love of Christ constrains me like no one else.

He is in love with me, and I love Him!

This is so awesome.

Yet, I am not ready to leave planet earth yet. I am not ready to be with the Lord in heaven.

I love the life that He is showing me here,and I love that I get to see Him, my salvation while walking on this earth, in the midst of this dark, harrowing world.

The last verse of Psalm 91 says it all:


"With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation." (Psalm 91:6)

😎😎😎

I am claiming 120 years! I have only begun to have fun!

Here's a great story I heard from Pastor Joseph Prince, when he talked about the power of "Amen", to claiming God's promises:

"There was a young boy, his name was Savi, Savi, all right, Jewish boy. He lived in 1917. When he was in 1917, this story when it happened, 1917, he was 15 years old, and he was a Polish immigrant. World War I was on, and he was going from town to town looking for food and all that. Finally, this Jewish boy ended up in a rabbi's like a care group, you know? And the rabbi was teaching elderly guy. And the rabbi said this, "You know, may all of us live to see something happen". There's something that will happen on their Jewish calendar in the year 2004, which is literally 87 years from 1917. All the kids in the class started laughing at the old, venerable rabbi. They start laughing and but, Savi sat down there and said, "Amen". He's the only one that said, "amen". The rabbi looked at him with a twinkle in his eye. Well, anyway, the reason this story came out was because somebody found him, all right, at 102 years old in 2004. When asked the secret of his long life, he says, "All my peers have all gone, but I'm here today because I said amen to what my rabbi said, and I saw the year at 102 years old"."

I love this story. It's so powerful. So moving in its simpliclity. While Savi's classmates all laughed at him, he rested in the simple faith that he would live to see the phenomenal event in 2004. And he did!

Well, I am believing for 120 years. I claim it in Jesus' name! I was born in 1980. I would be honored to live through three centuries, to leave to 2101! What an honor that would be!

Pastor Prince continued in his sermon:

"So, partake of the Lord's Supper knowing this, if many can sleep before their time, if you partake correctly, worthily, the Bible says, many will be strong, many will be healthy, and many will live long, amen? You don't hear many places that have it every week. We are radical, early church even more radical. They go from house to house, daily, the Bible says. Last two verse, Moses, he died 120 years old. When he died his eyes was not dim nor his natural vigor diminished. And the Bible says that oh, I need to tell you this real quick. Also be righteousness conscious. When you have sin conscious, you are negating what Jesus did, okay, understand or not? You are negating what Jesus did, which means whenever, see, as sure as God made Jesus who knew no sin to be your sin at the cross, just as sure you are the righteousness of God in Christ in God's eyes, okay?"

Jesus wants us to be satisfied with long life. What better than His life?!

"When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory." (Colossians 3:4)


I believe that Jesus will bless with me not just 120 years of life, but that I will enjoy the same strength and vitality as Moses!

"And Moses was an hundred and twenty years old when he died: his eye was not dim, nor his natural force abated." (Deuteronomy 34:7)

That's the kind of life I look forward to. Thank you, Jesus!

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed, I must say. Seldom do I come across a blog that's equally educative
    and entertaining, and let me tell you, you have hit the nail on the head.
    The problem is something which not enough men and
    women are speaking intelligently about. Now i'm very happy that
    I stumbled across this in my hunt for something regarding this.

    ReplyDelete