Wednesday, December 19, 2012

East Bay Shout Out: "No More Stark!"


As a Los Angeles area Republican, I just want to give a hearty, hale, and liberal "Thank You!" to every East Bay voter who voted out snarky Congressman Peter Stark. Even though Republican candidates did not do well in the federal or statewide elections, there was one silver lining for me: Stark's sudden loss and removal from office.

 

The longest-lasting and most self-serving Congressman in the California delegation, Stark forced me to make a stark reappraisal of my new Congressman, the recently reelected Henry Waxman of Santa Monica Bay.

 

I thought that Congressman Waxman was the rudest, most disgraceful legislator in Washington, but after viewing some of Congressman Stark's notoriously candid cant on YouTube, I had to revise my dim views. I am surprised that Stark lasted as long as he did, and I am glad that he will never again abuse his office and constituents or embarrass our state.

 

Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment