Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I Teach By Not Teaching -- Taoism as Precursor to Christ

I am not a Taoist (that's pronounced with a "D" by the way)

There's one reason why -- it's not real enough.

I do believe though, that the less I strive to do, the more everyone thrives.

God Himself, through Jesus Christ's eternal sacrifice, has made me the Righteousness of God. Now, what the prophets of old yearned for, I and any believer can have -- God's Holy Spirit (Baruch HaKadosh to the Hebrews) dwells, abides in me:

What does this have to do with the incomplete teachings of Tao (remember, say it wit a "D")?

The more I try, the less things work out.

I practice nothing

So, now I teach when I am not teaching. I live and breathe and have my being, as Paul the apostle asserted about our place in God to the Greek thinkers of Athens. When I let Him rule in me -- that's the Kingdom of Heaven on earth, right there! -- everything works out!

When I do not dictate to students what they must learn, behold, they want to learn. They become naturally inquisitive, and I find that sometimes I just cannot keep up with their curiosity:

Lao-Tzu, the philosopher to whom Taoism is centrally attributed to, commented thus:

Yet the Tao, translated as "The Way" conforms somewhat to Jesus Christ living in every believer through the Holy Spirit.

Consider:

Jesus said, "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life." (John 14:6)

In the Chinese translation of this passage, "Way" is rendered "Tao."

It's as if the ancient Chinese began tapping into the Eternal Father of us all, even though He initially introduced Himself to the Jews, who in turn administered the legacies of Moses, the Prophets, the Kings, and then finally the King of Kings, Jesus Christ, who in the fulness of time was revealed to all that we may believe on His name for eternal life:

"That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him." Ephesians 1:10)

This supreme message of grace was first revealed on the day of Pentecost:

"And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place." (Acts 2:1)

Then

"And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams" (Acts 2:17)

Followed by:

"And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved." (Acts 2:21)

"Now when they [the Jews in Jerusalem at Pentecost] heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." (Acts 2:37-38)

From the fullness of time [amazing how concordant the Scriptures are!] to the full dispensations ("pouring out") of the Holy Spirit, which God the Father revealed to everyone and is available who all are willing to believe on the saving name of Jesus Christ.

"The Way, the Truth, and the Life" lives therefore in every one who believes on Him. More than just the "Tao", he leads every person into eternal truth and life.

This is how I teach. I know the Way, He is the Truth, and He is my Life.

Who better to teach than the Master?

Not Lao-Tzu, of course, but Jesus Christ, the Messiah.

No comments:

Post a Comment