Monday, March 29, 2021

The LORD is Pleased With Me -- I Don't Have to Do Something to Maintain It

One of the chronic mindgames that I had to deal with in the past was that if I had a bad feeling or bad thought, I had to do something about it. I had to get rid of it.

I kept thinking that the bad thoughts or the bad feelings would knock me out of the place of peace and presence, and therefore I had to do something to get back to that place again.



"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee." (Isaiah 26:3)

I now realize that that whole game: do something about the feelings to get back in the right place-was all wrong in the first place.

I don't have to do anything about any of that, because I am already in Christ, and how I feel, what I think, whatever I am going through cannot affect me.

There is nothing that this world can dish at me that can affect me. Nothing.

I am favored because of all that Jesus has done at the Cross.

It really is not about us. There is no "our part" that we need to be busy about.

We need to get rested in His Finished Work on this.

For too long, I was so convinced that I still "had to" do something more to maintain my relationship with my Daddy God. Now I know that all of that is gone.

Now I know that He is taking care of me, always on my side. AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment